Pongwe Beach Hotel Zanzibar
When we opened Pongwe Beach Hotel Zanzibar appealed to us as a relaxed and peaceful location — and we have aimed to make our the lodge one of the most relaxed hotels on Zanzibar; designed and run to follow the pace of this sleepy area.
We have a total of only 20 Zanzibar hotel rooms to maintain the intimacy of the hotel; this is split into:
- 3 Garden view rooms –set back approximately 20m from the beach (in a group of 3) with en-suite shower & toilet, balcony/terrace with seating.
- 13 Beachfront rooms – set in groups of 2 or 3 right on the beach, en-suite shower and toilet and balcony/terrace with seating & sun loungers
- 4 Sea view suites – in 2 blocks set back from the beach with a sea view and overlooking the infinity pool. Coconut wood furniture, en-suite shower and toilet and private balcony/terrace with seating & sun loungers. These rooms have private plunge pools.
Our Bar and Restaurant sources and uses the finest ingredients to cater for every individual and palette.
- We offer Bed & Breakfast or Half board options, we do not offer Full board.
- Guests can order morning tea & coffee service to the room
- Breakfast is from 07.30 – 10.00 & includes full English, fruit & cereals, yogurt & fresh juice, tea & coffee.
- Lunch is available from 12.00 – 15.00 with a choice of daily specials as well as a snack menu, pizza is served on Wednesdays & Saturdays
- Diner is from 7.00 – 21.00 a full 3 course dinner is included in the HB option with a set menu every day,
- B&B guests may choose 1, 2 or all 3 courses, for guests with allergies or special requests we will always offer alternative dishes.
- Friday night we have a Swahili buffet.
- Beach dinner on request, guests may choose from the set menu or try our special sea food platter (includes choice of starter & dessert from the menu, small carafe of house wine. For 2 people the platter costs $130 or if on half board a supplement of $30 per person)
- The bar is open all day serving a selection of beers, soft drinks, shakes & cocktails as well as a good selection of wines from around the world.
Our stunning beach we have left as nature intended with powdery white sands and shady palm trees – why change perfection!
- Our beach is one of the most beautiful on the island, soft white sand, fringed with coconut trees some with hammocks and plenty of space for everyone, at high tide the beach is cut off from the rest of the coast.
- At low tide swimming is not possible, our infinity pool offers the perfect solution for those wish to swim, alternatively guests can walk out over the sand banks and tidal pools, we recommend wearing shoes for this.
- Our infinity pool offers full time swimming opportunities; a rarity for a Zanzibar hotel due to the tidal east coast.
Activities can be booked though our reception desk & include
- Spice tour,
- Jozani forest tour,
- Snorkelling & diving trips
- Visits to stone town
- In house massage
- Visit to the spa at Blue Bay resort .
- We offer complimentary snorkelling equipment, kayaks & paddle board, bicycles are available
- The hotel has a small library of books in several languages
- A laptop computer is available for online check in and printing of boarding passes & there is complimentary WiFi (low speed)